Our ESG Vision
We aspire to be among the global leaders in ESG integration. We aim to provide our investors with increased income and capital appreciation through best-in-class portfolio ESG performance.
Fiera Real Estate’ Executive Sustainability Committee oversees our ESG strategy and implementation. Our Sustainability Policy governs ESG management to help us realize our vision.
We systematically embed ESG factors into our businesses strategy, policies and practices, with respect to investments and developments, asset management, portfolio management and stakeholder engagement. We work with our property managers to identify opportunities to further improve performance and set a consistent operational standard.
Fiera Real Estate also supports responsible business practices by participating in industry initiatives such as the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) assessment, and is a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
ESG Performance Highlights
- Signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment
- Achieved GRESB “Green Star” ranking for the second straight year
- Certified 10 million sf to green building standards in 2019, increasing our total Canadian certified portfolio rate to 73%
- 1.9M square feet LEED* certified
- 12.8M square feet BOMA BEST®** certified
- 700K square feet holds Wired Certification
- 231K square feet holds Fitwel Certification
- Set five-year energy, water and waste reduction targets
- Established an internal Sustainability Technology Working Group to evaluate and pilot property-level sustainable technologies
- Train employees annually on Real Estate ESG best practices and trends
- Participate in industry ESG working groups
- Manage portfolio environmental, health and safety risk via external audits and compliance system
**Building Owners and Manager’s Association